mod_python not found properly by Apache (win32)

bill.simoni at gmail.com bill.simoni at gmail.com
Sat May 5 01:23:24 EDT 2007

I'm unable to get mod_python to work properly on my Windows XP box.
Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what is installed:
Apache 2.2.4
Python 2.5.1
mod_python 3.3.1 for python 2.5 and apache 2.2

Here is the error I get when trying to start apache:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Apache Service
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 116 of C:/wamp/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/wamp/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: The specified module could not be found.     .

The module does exist at that location. My path environment variable
does have C:\python25 included, which is where the dll is located.

Any ideas?

Thanks.