Specification for win32com.client package

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:09:57 EDT 2007

On May 9, 8:25 am, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> > The wiki idea sounds like a good one. I was thinking about doing some
> > kind of Python site about the modules and I think the popular 3rd
> > party ones would be a good place to start, maybe starting with win32.
> > How much information do you think would need to be on a site like this
> > to start out with?
>
> Someone did start a Python Win32 Wiki recently (check the
> python-win32 archives for location etc.) I did mean to put
> things on there myself, but real life has taken over. Often,
> these things just need someone with a bit of oomph to at
> least get the thing going.
>
> I think what's needed (if you're offering :) is for someone
> to put a *framework* in place on such a site which would
> make it easy for anyone to come along and fill in the gaps
> with their particular 3rd-party app or brand of knowledge.
> As I say, someone did start something, but I've not heard
> anything from him since then and I haven't found the time
> myself. If you were to kick something off and actually get
> it going I wouldn't say no.
>
> TJG

I think I found the thread you were talking about:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2007-March/005585.html

I went to the site listed: www.wazoozle.com and I see nothing related
to python there. In fact, James (the poster) doesn't appear to be
listed anywhere either. Very weird.

While I am not a wiki wizard, I will look into it. I might be able to
bamboozle some free space on my friend's hosting service for such a
project. If so, I'll let you know.

Mike