PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Mon May 14 06:26:58 EDT 2007

Anton Vredegoor:

> Ouch! Now I seem to be disagreeing with the one who writes my editor.
> What will become of me now?

    It should be OK. I try to keep my anger under control and not cut
off the pixel supply at the first stirrings of dissent.

    It may be an idea to provide some more help for multilingual text
such as allowing ranges of characters to be represented as hex escapes
or character names automatically. Then someone who only normally uses
ASCII can more easily audit patches that could contain non-ASCII characters.

   Neil