How to get started as a xhtml python mysql freelancer ?

vasudevram vasudevram at gmail.com
Sat May 26 15:43:21 EDT 2007

On May 26, 5:55 pm, "Eric_Dex... at msn.com" <Eric_Dex... at msn.com> wrote:
> On May 25, 7:55 pm, gert <gert.cuyk... at gmail.com> wrote:

Some suggestions:

  - give more details on the front page of the sourceforge site, on
what your product is about and its benefits.
Consider creating a web site for it.

 -write articles about it / post on appropriate newsgroups about your
product, giving code examples of how it can be used, and the benefits.

 - if you haven't already, create a personal web site - its better to
get your own paid one than to use a free one, and put (objective) info
there on your skills, your past experience, your open source work,
your writings, etc. Give your contact info too.

I've done this myself and it has resulted in getting leads for
contracting work. Be patient though - work leads may not come in a
hurry.

- join sites like Elance.com or ODesk.com for getting work.

Vasudev Ram
Dancing Bison Enterprises
http://www.dancingbison.com