Microsoft's Dynamic Languages Runtime (DLR)

Ken Tilton ken at theoryyalgebra.com
Wed May 2 20:45:30 EDT 2007

sturlamolden wrote:
> On May 3, 2:15 am, Kaz Kylheku <kkylh... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Kindly refrain from creating any more off-topic, cross-posted threads.
>>Thanks.
>

> The only off-topic posting in this thread is your own (and now this
> one).
> Begone.

FWIW, I took Kaz's remark to be more of a joke than an actual
cease-desist thing, partly because we here recorgnize that every nod to
dynamic languages brings us one day closer to the ascendance of Common
Lisp to Its Rightful Place on the throne and all other languages being
pushed into the sea, and partly because we all actually enjoy long,
drawn-out, flamewars with other NGs.

For example, my guess is that the DLR/Iron Python just proves that the
CLR had enough chops to support a hack like Python, but not enough to
support The Greatness of Common Lisp.

See how that works?

:)

kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray

"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts

"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
    - Fran Lebowitz

"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
    - Tim Allen