Off Topic: What is the good book to learn Python ?

kaens apatheticagnostic at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:51:01 EDT 2007

On 30 May 2007 11:25:22 -0700, Katie Tam <katietam at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to this filed and begin to learn this langague. Can you tell
> me the good books to start with ?
>

> Katie Tam
> Network administrator
> http://www.linkwaves.com/main.asp
> http://www.linkwaves.com
>
> --

If you're experienced with other programming languages, I'd recommend
python in a nutshell, or perhaps programming python. I personally just
skimmed through the online tutorial, and kept the library and api
references handy.

Orielly publishers almost always have excellent books on learning new
programming languages.

I would also recommend to stay away from any "for dummies" or "in x
(hours/days)" books. They can be decent introductory material, but
unless you are really really new to programming, you probably wouldn't
be getting enough information to justify the cost of the book (and a
lot of times they have a lot of bad practices in them)

Good luck!