package rating system for the Cheese Shop

cbtube03 at gmail.com cbtube03 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:23:30 EDT 2007

On May 12, 2:49 pm, Steven Bethard <steven.beth... at gmail.com> wrote:
> cbtub... at gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a package rating system for the Cheese Shop, like how Perl
> > has cpanratings (http://cpanratings.perl.org/)?
>
> I don't know CPAN, but maybe this is what you're looking for:
>
>      http://www.cheeserater.com/
>
> ?
>
> STeVe

Thanks for the link STeVe. Yes, this is the sort of thing I was
looking for. Looks like there's no way to actually leave comments on a
package though; just a (+) or (-) rating. No way to say something
like, "I like x, y, and z about this package, but n, m, and especially
o need to get fixed" though.

One strength of cpanratings is you can leave those comments. A well-
written review comment, like "I used this package, and here's how it
worked out ... If you need <certain feature x>, you might try <package
y> instead of this one." is much more valuable than a thumbs-up or
thumbs-down.