passing an array of variant in vb to a python COM object = win32com bug ?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri May 4 00:56:50 EDT 2007

En Thu, 03 May 2007 09:41:57 -0300, vml <victor.lebrun at gmail.com> escribió:
> On 3 mai, 14:20, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> En Thu, 03 May 2007 04:54:43 -0300, vml <victor.leb... at gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>> > I have a python com object which contains a method to inverse an array
>> > in vb 6 the definition of the class is :
>>
> I just tried to replace the *val by SqVal(self,val) and call the
> method in vb but it crashes down :
>
> "when refilling safe array the sequence must have the same number of
> dimension as the existing array"

That can't happen with your Python code below, so it must be on the
caller. Maybe you wrote something like: xx=something.SqVal(yy) and xx,yy
are declared of different sizes.

>  def SqVal(self,val):
> ## ...
>         return val
>
> By the way Do you have any idea to debug the com server script ? ( I
> would like to know if a can access the value in the function while
> calling it from vb 6)

Write a log file as suggested, or use OutputDebugString with the DebugView
program from www.sysinternals.com

--
Gabriel Genellina