change of random state when pyc created??

Alan Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Wed May 9 21:25:29 EDT 2007

"Robert Kern" <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.7488.1178744519.32031.python-list at python.org...
> The last clause does tell me that.

1. About your reading of the current language:
I believe you, of course, but can you tell me **how** it tells you that?
To be concrete, let us suppose parallel language were added to
the description of sets.  What about that language should allow
me to anticipate Peter's example (in this thread)?

2. About possibly changing the docs:
You are much more sophisticated than ordinary users.
Did this thread not demonstrate that even sophisticated users
do not see into this "implication" immediately?  Replicability
of results is a huge deal in some circles.  I think the docs
for sets and dicts should include a red flag: do not use
these as iterators if you want replicable results.
(Side note to Carsten: this does not require listing "every little thing".)

Cheers,
Alan Isaac