PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Tue May 15 13:00:32 EDT 2007

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Does it really happen, or do IBM's engineers in China
> or India (for example) have to write everything strictly in ASCII?

I assume they simply use american keyboards. They're working for an american
company after all. That's like the call-center people in India who learn the
superball results by heart before they go to their cubicle, just to keep
north-american callers from realising they are not connected to the shop
around the corner.

Stefan