Emacs and pdb after upgrading to Ubuntu Feisty

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:48:50 EDT 2007

levander <levander404 at gmail.com> writes:

> Anybody can tell me who to get pdb working under emacs on Ubuntu
> Feisty?

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I'd recommend you try
ipython (apt-get'able) and ipython.el; (manual install). Just enter ``pdb on``
in the interactive shell to end up in the debugger on errors and the
corresponding file and line is opened in emacs.

BTW, I'd also suggest to upgrade to emacs-snapshot (23 alpha -- but don't be
overly worried -- seems more stable than 21. to me so far), for one thing you
get decent (ttf) fonts:

<http://peadrop.com/blog/category/computers/emacs/>

'as