Translating some Java to Python

Herman Slagman herman_slagman at placid-dash-sky-dot-org
Mon May 21 06:39:09 EDT 2007

"Ant" <antroy at gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:1179738814.282655.192700 at r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

> Herman has shown you *how* to do static methods in Python, but
> typically they are not used. Since Python has first class functions,
> and they can be defined at the module level, there is no need to use
> static methods.

Hmm,

As an experienced developer I'm rather new to Python, so please forgive me
any non-Pythonic babbling.
>From a language point you're probably right, but from a design point I'd
like to have methods that are clearly associated with a class as methods of
that class, even if they don't use any class or instance related data.

Herman