Appending a log file and see progress as program executes

Karim Ali kakeez at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 14:03:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am writing a program that will take several days to execute :) and would
like to append to a log file but be able to open that file at any time and
see the errors that have occured.

So this is what I am doing:

flog = open('out.log', 'a')
when needed:
sys.stdout=flog
print "error message"

This will print directly to log. I use sys.stdout so i can quickly (in code)
change back and forth between errors displayed on screen and errors logged..

This works great. The only problem is that I cant see anything in the log
file when I try to open it say with notepad while the program is
running...and this is not good at all!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Karim