NOOOOB

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:15:54 EDT 2007

On May 22, 7:16 am, marc wyburn <marc.wyb... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 11:29 am, jolly <jemna... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
>
> > I want to begin python. Does anyone know where a good starting point
> > is?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jem
>
> i went through the tutorials on the main site and then followed up
> with mark Hammonds book for windows stuff.  I got a few other books as
> well to reference but I've found it easy enough to find info for
> almost everything on the net.

If you need reference books that delve deep into the language while
being somewhat understandable, I would recommend "Programming Python"
by Lutz or "Core Python Programming" by Chun. "Beginning Python" by
Hetland covers just about everything you'd need to know and it
includes some fairly complex examples in the back...plus it's about
half the size of the other two books.

Other than that, I'd with the other guys on this. The web has lots of
good examples, puzzles and for most of the standard library, decent
docs, although not always with good or thorough examples.

Enjoy!

Mike