problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

Dave Lim dibanders at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 01:36:23 EDT 2007

site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

>> So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then
used
>> pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked
out
>> fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
>> .exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I
tried

?

protection aroundhttp://mail.yahoo.com

>I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so
I went and

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs

>Mike

Thanks for the links. But I already have compiled it
successfully into an executable my only problem is i
still have that error. I still have the same error:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
 TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
     cannot create 'NoneType' instances

I used py2exe and I also added typelibs in the options
however that didn't seem to fix my problem. Below is
my setup.py, can anyone tell me what I'm lacking or
doing wrong here?

setup.py

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(options = {"py2exe": {"typelibs":
[('{C866CA3A-32F7-11D2-9602-00C04F8EE628}',0,5,0)]}},
console = ["simple.py"])

Dave