just a bug

Mattia Gentilini Mattia.Gentilini_REMOVE_ at _REMOVE_CNAF.INFN.IT
Fri May 25 10:01:28 EDT 2007

Richard Brodie ha scritto:
> For HTML, yes. it accepts all sorts of garbage, like most
> browsers; I've never, before now, seen it accept an invalid
> XML document though.
It *could* depend on Content-Type. I've seen that Firefox treats XHTML
as HTML (i.e. not trying to validate it) if you set Content-Type to
text/html. However, the same document with Content-Type
application/xhtml+xml is checked for well-formedness (if the DOM
inspector is installed). So probably Firefox treats that bad-encoded
document ad text/html (maybe as a failsafe setting), this could explain
why it accepts that.

--
|\/|55: Mattia Gentilini e 55 = log2(che_palle_sta_storia) (by mezzo)
|/_| ETICS project at CNAF, INFN, Bologna, Italy
|\/| www.getfirefox.com  www.getthunderbird.com
* Using Mac OS X 10.4.9 powered by Cerebros (Core 2 Duo) *