PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Tue May 15 08:54:18 EDT 2007

Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> The older they get the harder it is for them to learn language. By
> withholding them English language experience at an early age you are
> doing them a disservice because later on they will have more trouble.

What does "withholding" mean here? Remember: we're talking about foreign
language identifiers here, not about foreign literature.

I don't think all identifiers in the stdlib are
a) well chosen
b) correct English words

So: what can you learn from ASCII identifiers that will honestly help you with
the english language in your later life?

This kind of argument is just plain off-topic.

Stefan