PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Wed May 16 06:22:01 EDT 2007

Eric Brunel:

> ... there is no
> keyboard *on Earth* allowing to type *all* characters in the whole
> Unicode set.

    My keyboard in conjunction with the operating system (US English
keyboard on a Windows XP system) allows me to type characters from any
language. I haven't learned how to type these all quickly but I can get
through a session of testing Japanese input by myself. Its a matter of
turning on different keyboard layouts through the "Text Services and
Input Languages" control panel. Then there are small windows called
Input Method Editors that provide a mapping from your input to the
target language. Other platforms provide similar services.

    Neil