newb: Python Module and Class Scope

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:14:33 EDT 2007

This works for me.Also tried importing this module into another program.
The class is inside the module so like the different function's of a module
can access each other,the same thing applies to a class and
functions/classes
#Test Module
class foo:
        def __init__(self):
                self.data=1

        def outData(self):
                print self.data
                main()

def main():
        print "I am the main"
#Module test
if __name__=="__main__":
        fooObj=foo()
        fooObj.outData()

On 10 May 2007 07:02:49 -0700, johnny <rampeters at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can a class inside a module, access a method, outside of class, but
> inside of the module?
>
> Eg.  Can instance of class a access main, if so how?  What is the
> scope of "def main()" interms of class A?
>
> myModule:
>
> class A:
>    main()
>
> def main():
>

> thnx.
>
> --

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune University Campus,Ganesh Khind Road
Pune-Maharastra