How do I Extract Attachment from Newsgroup Message

Dave Borne dborne at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:03:05 EDT 2007

> I looked for a solution
> with mimetools (the way I'd approach it for email) but found nothing.
> <D8PANKEG1 at news.ap.org>', 'Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed;', '
> boundary="------------Boundary-00=_A5NJCP3FX6Y5BI3BH890"', 'Date: Thu,

Playing with

data = n.article('116431')[3]

and email.message_from_string, there seems to be a problem with the
content type being split up. I was able to get a multipart message by
using

msg = email.message_from_string('\n'.join(data).replace(';\n', ';'))

(and adding an ending boundary to your sample data).
This is a bit hackish and  could cause problems if there are
semicolons inside the message body (no warranties expressed or
implied, etc.)

Hope this helps,
-Dave