PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Gregor Horvath gh at gregor-horvath.com
Fri May 18 07:10:19 EDT 2007

Hendrik van Rooyen schrieb:

> I suppose that this "one language track" - mindedness of mine
> is why I find the mix of keywords and German or Afrikaans so
> abhorrent - I cannot really help it, it feels as if I am eating a
> sandwich, and that I bite on a stone in the bread. - It just jars.

Please come to Vienna and learn the local slang.
You would be surprised how beautiful and expressive a language mixed up
of a lot of very different languages can be. Same for music. It's the
secret of success of the music from Vienna. It's just a mix up of all
the different cultures once living in a big multicultural kingdom.

A mix up of Python key words and German identifiers feels very natural
for me. I live in cultural diversity and richness and love it.

Gregor