GUI tutorial

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon May 14 08:37:55 EDT 2007

On May 14, 2:57 am, BartlebyScrivener <bscrivene... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 13, 12:51 pm, John K Masters <johnmast... at oxtedonline.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Can someone point me in the direction of a good tutorial on programming
> > python with a GUI?
>
> Alan Gauld added a gui programming tutorial to his main course.
>
> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
>
> It's a frame page so I can't link directly, but select "GUI
> Programming" under Advanced Topics on the left.

It may be worth pointing out that the information about licensing on
that page
is a little vague and inaccurate in places. PyGTK is actually licensed
under
the GNU LGPL, not the GPL, and both PyQt and PyGTK can be used to
create
commercial applications as long as those applications are not closed
source.

David