Python Web Programming - looking for examples of solid high-traffic sites

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun May 20 15:09:05 EDT 2007

John Nagle a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
>> John Nagle a écrit :

>>>    You may not be happy with Python, then.
>>

>> John, I'm really getting tired of your systemic and totally
>> unconstructive criticism. If *you* are not happy with Python, by all
>> means use another language.
>

>    Denying the existence of the problem won't fix it.

Neither will keeping on systematically criticizing on this newsgroup
instead of providing bug reports and patches.

>    As a direct result of this, neither the Linux distro builders like
> Red Hat nor major hosting providers provide Python environments that
> just work.  That's reality.

I've been using Python for web applications (Zope, mod_python, fast cgi
etc) on Gentoo and Debian for the 4 or 5 past years, and it works just
fine. So far, I've had much more bugs and compatibility problems with
PHP (4 and 5) than with Python.