PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

René Fleschenberg rene at korteklippe.de
Sat May 19 15:12:44 EDT 2007

Martin v. Löwis schrieb:
>>> Then get tools that match your working environment.
>> Integration with existing tools *is* something that a PEP should
>> consider. This one does not do that sufficiently, IMO.
>
> What specific tools should be discussed, and what specific problems
> do you expect?

Systems that cannot display code parts correctly. I expect problems with
unreadable tracebacks, for example.

Also: Are existing tools that somehow process Python source code e.g. to
test wether it meets certain criteria (pylint & co) or to aid in
creating documentation (epydoc & co) fully unicode-ready?

--
René