gui application on cross platform

Matt van de Werken matt at exemail.com.au
Mon May 28 04:52:08 EDT 2007

james_027 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using delphi to develop gui application, and wish to make a shift
> to python. here are some of my question/concern...
>
> 1. is python develop gui application a cross platform? just like java
> swing?
> 2. delphi makes things easy for me like coding for a specific event on
> a specific component, could it be the same for python?
> 3. are there cool library of component like in delphi available for
> python that will make database application more usesable?
> 4. where do I start the learning curve? I did some research and I
> don't know which one to take among wxwdiget, pygtk, and etc.

I'm also going down this path, and have decided on python + wxWidgets +
boa as the RAD tool.  From the tutorial, it seems pretty easy to use,
except for some minor annoyances on both windows and linux platforms.

Under windows, for some inexplicable reason the "dialogs" tab is not
present, while under linux, I can't seem to drag components around the
frame after placement.

Cheers,
mvdw