Key Listeners

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Wed May 30 02:27:27 EDT 2007

Mike wrote:
> Are there key listeners for Python? Either built in or third party?

(As always on forums like this, you're most likely to get answers if you
define your terms.  A little Goggling informs me that in Java a key
listener is a Java term for a component that generates an event when the
keyboard is used. )

Yes, every GUI I've ever used from Python (Tk/Tcl, wxPython, Gtk++,
Win32 API, ...) has a way to catch keyboard events.  But you're going to
have to tell us which OS and which GUI you're interested in before you
get a more detailed answer.

Gary Herron