append

vdicarlo vdicarlo at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:13:28 EDT 2007

> > the reference material. I want to know about list
>> operations such as
> > append.

I've been struggling myself to assemble and learn just the right
combination of quick references. Here is some of what I've found.

For a quick search for the syntax and a simple example of a particular
method or function, the single most efficient source for me has been
the keyword search page for the Python Library Reference, Language
Reference, and Python/C API manuals that you can find from a link on
the official documentation page at http://www.python.org/doc/ or
directly at

http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi

Full text searches (not limited to keywords like the resource above)
of the Python Library Reference can also be done at
http://www.zvon.org/other/python/PHP/search.php

Other handy references are:

Dive into Python at
http://diveintopython.org/toc/index.html

The Python 2.5 Quick Reference at
http://rgruet.free.fr/PQR25/PQR2.5.html

Last, but far from least, the one resource that I most wish I had
known about when I started with Python is the screencast tutorial site
at www.showmedo.com. There are two excellent free screencasts on
Python resources at http://tinyurl.com/2qkuht and lots of other Python
tutorials, most free and some for a modest fee. In particular, the 9th
installment of the paid series called Python Newbies on XP at
http://tinyurl.com/3ayhwt is about how to use the help functions built
into Python Idle.