Newbie and Page Re-Loading

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Fri May 4 22:42:26 EDT 2007

Miki <miki.tebeka at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a lightweight Https Server I could run locally (WINXP), which
> > would run .py scripts, without lots of installation modifications ?
> http://lighttpd.net.
> Make sure "mod_cgi" is uncommented, set your document root and set
> right python interpreter in cgi.assign

For https, you do need to do substantial homework, though -- no two ways
about it, since you'll need to get SSL certificates, etc etc.  There are
reasonably simple instructions for the purpose at
<http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-install-ssl-lighttpd-https-configu
ration.html>, but they're for Linux -- I don't know how they change when
you want to serve https on Xp.

Alex