i/o prob revisited

saif.shakeel at gmail.com saif.shakeel at gmail.com
Fri May 18 03:06:03 EDT 2007

Hi,
    I am parsing an xml file ,before that i have replaced a string in
the original xml file with another and made a new xml file which will
now be parsed.I am also opening some more files for output.The
following code shows some i/o commands.
file_input = raw_input("Enter The ODX File Path:")
input_xml = open(file_input,'r')

(shortname,ext)=os.path.splitext(file_input)
f_open_out=shortname+".ini"
log=shortname+".xls"
test_file=shortname+"testxml.xml"

saveout = sys.stdout

xmlcont=input_xml.read()
input_xml.close()

xmlcont=xmlcont.replace('localId','dataPackageId')

output_file = open(test_file,"w")
output_file.write(xmlcont)
output_file.close()

f_open=open(f_open_out, 'w')
logfile=open(log,"w")
sys.stdout = f_open

             After this i have to parse the new xml file which is in
output_file .hence

input_xml_sec = open(output_file,'r')
xmldoc = minidom.parse(input_xml_sec)

                  But i am getting an error on this line
(input_xml_sec = open(output_file,'r')).I have tried to figure out
but
not able to debug.Can someone throw some light or anything they feel
could be going wrong somewhere.
                  How do i capture the error as it vanishes very
qucikly when i run through command prompt,(the idle envir gives
indentation errors for no reason(which runs perfectly from cmd
prompt),hence i dont run using conventional F5.