Python compared to other language

Michael Bentley michael at jedimindworks.com
Fri May 18 15:43:08 EDT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 2:04 PM, scott wrote:

> 	I have been looking at the various programming languages
> available.  I
> have programed in Basic since I was a teenager and I also have a basic
> understanding of C, but I want something better.
>
> 	Can anybody tell me the benefits and weaknesses of using Python?

Hi Scott,

I think it is best that you learn Python's benefits and weaknesses
for yourself.  I don't mean to sound dismissive -- it's just that a
list of benefits and weaknesses will be little more than hollow words
until you have your own personal experiences.

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html is a pretty good place to start.

hth,
Michael

---
definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan