(Modular-)Application Framework / Rich-Client-Platform in Python

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Fri May 18 04:48:09 EDT 2007

Wildemar Wildenburger napisał(a):

>> There are few GUI frameworks building on various toolkits. I used to use
>> Kiwi for PyGTK, it's mature and stable, although the approach is not the
>> same as, for example, Delphi
> Thanks for the effort, but I think I'm not well understood. I'm not
> looking for a GUI framework (which, by the way, is most likely to be
> wxPython), but for a pure plugin architecture. A rich-client-platform,
> as it is sometimes called. Nothing specific about anythin in particular,
> just something that runs plugins. Like Eclipse does these days.

I know what is Eclipse RCP. The world would be much better place to live
if we had something similar. :)

Many applications employ "plugin framework"-like things and in Python
this is specially easy to do, but I saw none that is built as one big
plugin framework. The one that mostly resembles such approach is PIDA
(http://www.pida.co.uk/), which is built around the concept of pluggable
views and services, but again, this is far from Eclipse RCP.

--
Jarek Zgoda

"We read Knuth so you don't have to."