Asyncore Help?

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon May 14 05:30:03 EDT 2007

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
>  Paul Kozik wrote:
>
> > While basic socket work was rather easy to deal with, this has proved
> > significantly more difficult. Are there any good free sources for
> > information on Asyncore, and dealing with TCP?
>
>  You haven't said specifically what you're having a problem with.  The
>  more general name for asyncore/asynchat is Medusa, and there are some
>  resources with more examples available here:
>
>  	http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/
>  	http://www.amk.ca/python/code/medusa.html

There is also twisted of course if we are talking about async
networking libraries.

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/

The learning curve of twisted is rather brutal, but it will do
everything you want and a whole lot more!  I haven't tried Medusa, but
I've done several things with twisted.  It takes a bit of getting your
head round but you'll be impressed with the speed.