change of random state when pyc created??

Dustan DustanGroups at gmail.com
Sat May 5 20:43:55 EDT 2007

On May 5, 6:30 pm, "Alan Isaac" <ais... at american.edu> wrote:
> "John Machin" <sjmac... at lexicon.net> wrote in message
>
> news:1178406414.901845.223410 at y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>
> > You can't say that you have "documented" the behaviour when you
> > haven't published  files that exhibit the alleged behaviour.
>
> Fine.  I have "observed" this behavior.
> The files are not appropriate for posting.
> I do not yet have a "minimum" case.
> But surely I am not the first to notice this!
> Alan Isaac
> PS I'll send you the files off list.

I got the files and tested them, and indeed got different results
depending on whether or not there was a pyc file. I haven't looked at
the source files in great detail yet, but I will. I would certainly
agree that there's a bug going on here; we just need to narrow down
the problem (ie come up with a "minimum" case).