(Modular-)Application Framework / Rich-Client-Platform in Python

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Sat May 19 07:52:26 EDT 2007

Ben Finney wrote:
> You already have Python, and can embed it in your program. The only
> missing piece seems to be the primitive operations at the core, which
> surely depend on what exactly it is you have in mind for your program
> and can't really be provided in a generic form by some other party.

That's where you're wrong. Such a tool exists. I really can't explain
any better than I (and Jarek even better so) already did. The keyword is
Rich-Client-Platform. Wikipedia explains it, so does the already
presented Eclipse-wiki, as does the Enthought Tools Site (specifically
Envisage), which also holds the answer to my problem/question. It is
solved. If you don't understand what I want, go to <URL:
http://code.enthought.com/ets/> and read what it does.

I really, really appreciate the effort you (all of you) make in helping
me and getting me on the right track, but I'm a bit confounded by how
you can be trying to convince me that the tools I'm currently reading
the docs for don't exist.

I don't mean to be bitching, really. I just don't get your point here.

:)