Python Newbie Suggestions

garcigal at gmail.com garcigal at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:28:36 EDT 2007

I'm a mechanical engineer with little experience programming. I've
used C++ and machine language for getting micro-controllers to work
and thats about it. I work allot with software developers at my job
and can read C++ code pretty good (ie. I understand whats going on).
Does anyone have any good tips or resources for someone interested in
learning PYTHON.  This is purely for hobby purposes and I'd like to
expose my kids to a programing language too. If any one has any
helpful books, tips or suggestions please let me know.  I have
Windows, MAC and Linux box's at my house but I'm a primarily a MAC
user.