Path python versions and Macosx

andrea kerny404 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 16:36:49 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,
I use python on macosx with textmate as editor (great program).

I also use macport to install unix programs from the command line and
I find it great too.
Well I would like to have all my modules in the path when I'm using
textmate AND when I use the commandline (ipython), but because
textmate and the command line use different python versions they also
search in different places..

I found somewhere to write .pythonrc.py like this

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
PATH='/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/'
sys.path.append(PATH)
del sys

But it doesn't work either, I also tried to append this
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/opt/
local/lib/python2.4/site-packages:${PATH}
to .bash_profile but nothing.

Where should I set this variables??

Thanks a lot