Can I use Python instead of Joomla?

John Draper lists at webcrunchers.com
Thu May 3 21:49:02 EDT 2007

walterbyrd wrote:

>If I wanted to build a website with forums, news feeds, galleries,
>event calander, document managment, etc. I do so in Joomla easily.
>
>But, I would perfer to use django/python, if that would be at all
>practical.
>
>I suppose I could put python scripts into django, if those scripts
>exist.

There are at least 3 Python oriented web apps out there.
I highly recommend you ditch Joomla as soon as you can.

joomla has a lot of security issues, and I've been trying to get
my friend off of this POS for the longest time.  Her web sites
are constantly getting defaced...  there are at least 3 Joomla
exploits I know of out there.

djangoproject.org
turbogears.com
plone.org

Check these out.   But get off of Joomla as soon as you can.
I admit,  Joomla is easy to use I admit,  but very easy to vector into
a root exploit.

John