hp 11.11 64 bit python 2.5 build gets error "import site failed"

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 3 17:54:52 EDT 2007

>>> "import site failed"
>>> OverflowError: signed integer is greater than the maximum.

>> - what is the value of ival?
> ival: 4294967295

I see. This is 0xFFFFFFFF, which would be -1 if it were of type
int. So perhaps some value got cast incorrectly at some point,
breaking subsequent computations

>> - where does that number come from?
>
> It is coming from the call to PyInt_AsLong. In that function there is
> a call to:
> PyInt_AS_LONG((PyIntObject*)op)
> which returns the value of ival.

That was not my question, really. I wanted to know where the object
whose AsLong value was taken came from. And before you say "it's
in the arg parameter" of convertsimple() - sure it is. However, how
did it get there? It's in an argument tuple - and where came
that from?

IOW, you really need to know who the caller of convertsimple is,
and what line of Python code precisely was triggering that call.

Regards,
Martin