PHP5 programmer learning Python

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 12:03:44 EDT 2007

--- romiro <rrogers82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, my first question was if anyone knows of a
> tutorial that
> focuses on PHP -> Python learning, in such that
> there might be a block
> of PHP code alongside an example of how to do the
> same thing in
> Python.

I know exactly what you mean, and I couldn't find
anything in my quick Google search either.

Maybe you could send us a couple small snippets of PHP
code, and we could translate them for you?

You may also find this helpful, if you just want to
get a real quick look at some representative Python
code:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/SimplePrograms

In case you're not aware that Python has a tutorial,
here's a link for you, but it doesn't have the focus
on transition from PHP that you're looking for.

http://docs.python.org/tut/

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.