PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed May 16 09:13:34 EDT 2007

Steven D'Aprano  <steven at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>On Tue, 15 May 2007 09:09:30 +0200, Eric Brunel wrote:
>> Joke aside, this just means that I won't ever be able to program math in
>> ADA, because I have absolutely no idea on how to do a 'pi' character on
>> my keyboard.
>Maybe you should find out then? Personal ignorance is never an excuse for
>rejecting technology.

The funny thing is, I could have told you exactly how to type a 'pi'
character 18 years ago, when my main use of computers was typesetting
on a Mac. These days ... I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find out
how to insert one into this text (composed in emacs on a remote
machine, connected via ssh from konsole).

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke