Newbie and Page Re-Loading

mosscliffe mcl.office at googlemail.com
Fri May 4 06:41:30 EDT 2007

I am very new to this python world, but I do like the look of the
language / syntax, though I have had some problems with indenting
using a text editor.

I have managed to get my ISP to execute .py files on their server.

I have created a .py file and it does in fact do the various little
tasks I have asked it to do.

Now i need to get a bit more serious.

I wish to have a web page with a search form at the top and on
processing the form re-load my current page, but with the various
search results.

Do I just add my script name to the Action part of the Form and how
can I pass variables, other than form variables to each execution of
the script.  If I have to use hidden form variables, how would I alter
them for each page.

I suppose I am looking for some sort of session management, but I have
not been able to track one down as yet.  I am running on an ISP, with
no knowledge of python, so asking about getting packages loaded will
not be an option.

I have 'Python in a Nutshell', but it is a bit sparse on everyday web
page examples.

Any help with regard to simple examples or tutorials would be most
useful.

Thanks

Richard