ScrolledText?

nik nikbaer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:12:09 EDT 2007

I've been trying to get the scrollbar and text box always going to the
last line and have been completely unsuccessful.

I've tried, ScrolledText, text.see, and text.yview_pickplace without
success

for instance this was the last setup:

     self.text = ScrolledText(master, relief=RIDGE)
     self.text.grid(column=1, row=2, columnspan=10,\
                        rowspan=5, pady=10, sticky=NSEW)

with this text entry:

     self.text.insert(END, ins)
     self.text.yview_pickplace("end")

Can anybody please tell me what I might be doing wrong, or an example
that works, so that I can see what's going wrong.

Thanks,
Nik