HappyDoc, Jython and docstrings

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:07:56 EDT 2007

Hi All,

 I'm looking to provide online python documentation for several jython
modules: does anyone know if there are tools to create documentation
from docstrings that work in Jython? Jython doesn't provide the pydoc
module.

I've looked into HappyDoc, which is supposed to work on jython as well
as python (since it parses the code tree rather than loading the
module), but it seems broken at the moment. It seems to recognise
comments after function/class/method names as documentation, but
doesn't recognise doc strings. While I can work around this if
necessary, does anyone have any solutions? Other programs that do a
similar job? Patches for HappyDoc?

Cheers,

--
Ant...