Removing part of string

saif.shakeel at gmail.com saif.shakeel at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:56:43 EDT 2007

Hi,
    I am parsing an xml file ,and one part of structure looks
something like this:

- <COMPARAM id="_338" DDORef="_18" Semantics="timing"
PhysicalLink="Infotainment_Control_Bus_CAN">
  <SHORTNAME>Infotainment_Control_Bus_CAN_TIMEOUT_AX</SHORTNAME>
  <LONGNAME>Timeout N_As/N_Ar</LONGNAME>
  <DESCRIPTION>Time from transmit request until a CAN frame transmit
confirmation is received.</DESCRIPTION>
  </COMPARAM>

                  In my code i am extracting the data within
<LONGNAME>,which is Timeout N_As/N_Ar.These tags repeat and will have
different timer names..like

- <COMPARAM id="_339" DDORef="_18" Semantics="timing"
PhysicalLink="Infotainment_Control_Bus_CAN">
  <SHORTNAME>Infotainment_Control_Bus_CAN_TIMEOUT_BS</SHORTNAME>
  <LONGNAME>Timeout N_Bs</LONGNAME>
  <DESCRIPTION>Time that the transmitter of a multi-frame message
shall wait to receive a flow control (FC) frame before timing out with
a network layer error.</DESCRIPTION>
  </COMPARAM>

                 I need to remove the words Timeout from the data,and
take only the abbrevation..i.e.N_As/N_bs like that .In short i have to
remove the words which come with name Time,and also the space which
comes next to it.
and take only the abbreviation.Can someone help me in this.
                     Thanks