Python Web Programming - looking for examples of solid high-traffic sites

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:10:25 EDT 2007

On May 16, 5:04 pm, Victor Kryukov <victor.kryu... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our main requirement for tools we're going to use is rock-solid
> stability. As one of our team-members puts it, "We want to use tools
> that are stable, has many developer-years and thousands of user-years
> behind them, and that we shouldn't worry about their _versions_." The
> main reason for that is that we want to debug our own bugs, but not
> the bugs in our tools.

I think this is a requirement that is pretty much impossible to
satisfy. Only dead frameworks stay the same.  I have yet to see a
framework that did not have incompatible versions.

Django has a very large user base, great documentation and is deployed
for several online new and media sites. It is fast, it's efficient and
is simple to use. Few modern frameworks (in any language) are
comparable, and I have yet to see one that is better,

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DjangoPoweredSites

i.