__init__.py

Tina I tinaweb at bestemselv.com
Wed Mar 28 00:23:11 EDT 2007

Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:27:19 +0200, Tina I <tinaweb at bestemselv.com> wrote:
>> Tina I wrote:
>>> When looking at other peoples code (to learn from it) I keep seeing an
>>> empty file named "__init__.py". What's the purpose of this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Tina
>> Duh! Never mind... found it.
>> Kinda neat actually :)
>
> /What/ was neat? It's polite in cases like this to explain what the
> answer or solution was.
>
> I have never seen an empty __init__.py, and I'd like to know what its
> purpose could be.
>
> BR,
> /Jorgen

Sorry, it was just that it was so easy to find right there in the
documentation. I had just missed it the first time around. So I kinda
assumed that since it was spelled out so well in the doc I was asking a
very stupid question.
But anyway, it can be found here:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.1.3/tut/node8.html#SECTION008400000000000000000

Tina