Eureka moments in Python

Doug Gray doug at localhost.localdomain
Tue Mar 20 08:33:24 EDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:16:15 +1100, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing people's stories of Eureka moments in Python,
> moments where you suddenly realise that some task which seemed like it
> would be hard work was easy with Python.

Mine was the discovery of the pybluez module.

I had been sweating the task of interfacing a bluetooth GPS unit to my
python applicaton. I googled for 'python bluetooth GPS' and found 20 lines
of python code that had the interface up and running before breakfast.
This included the package install with 'yum install pybluez' in Fedora
Core 5.

See:
http://www.robertprice.co.uk/robblog/archive/2007/1/Using_A_Bluetooth_GPS_From_Python.shtml

Doug Gray