Python Oracle 10g odbc blob insertion problem

Godzilla godzillaismad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:21:35 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I cannot find a solution for my problem with inserting a blob object
(>4000 in length) into an ORACLE database via ODBC.

I have tried the two ways of inserting the blob object (a zip file):

1)
fp = open("c:/test/test.zip", "r+b")
data = fp.read()
s = odbc.odbc(cs)
qry = s.cursor()
qry.execute("Insert into tBlob (data) values ('%s')" %
data.encode('hex'))

return the error: Input String Too Long Limit: 4096

2)
qry.execute("Insert into tBlob (data) values (?)",
data.encode('hex'))

does not return error, but it does not insert the record correctly.

Any help will be fully appreciated...