Python & Oracle

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 14 14:25:44 EDT 2007

Facundo Batista wrote:
> Hi! I need to connect to Oracle.
>
> I found this binding,
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2
>
> that is the recommended in the Python page.
>
> But that page seems a bit confuse to me. In the upper right corner says
> that the last release is PreRelease 1, from 2001-11-15.
>
> At the bottom, however, it says that 1.3 beta was released 2003-02-10,
> and is a development version (the last stable is 1.2, from 2002-10-02),
> four and a half years ago.
>
> The question is: is this connector the recommended one? it's aged
> because it's stable and no more changes are necessary, or it just dead?
> Works Ok?
>
> Thank you!! Regards,

Most serious Oracle users (even Zope customers) now use Computronix'
cxOracle module. I think the DB SIG pages need some updating. They are
badly organized and out of date, in common with other SIGs' pages.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden