Python in a desktop environment

ce cedb816 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 07:12:02 EDT 2007

On Mar 11, 12:26 pm, "David Cramer" <dcra... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 10:52 pm, "sjdevn... at yahoo.com" <sjdevn... at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > David Cramer wrote:
> > > If you had an application that you were about to begin development on
> > > which you wanted to be cross platform (at least Mac and Windows),
> > > would you suggest using c++ and Python?
>
> > I'd strongly consider a pure python solution (I'd choose wxpython),
> > but if I needed to code backend stuff in a lower level language I'd
> > use C rather than C++.
>
> Well we want it to be very robust, and python isn't exactly the
> fastest language, or one with the lowest overhead :)

only one word caught my attention "robust".. do u mean python is not
robust???
if this is your feeling, i don't recommend u to "reconsider" anymore,
turn back to ur previous programming language (what did'ya say it
was??? c# .. i remember one ad. about it's robustness .. a piece of
jelly!)

and by the way if u know something about C++, code the GUI with QT
(which would make it portable), and enjoy a high speed execution :P